Lync 2013 Dialin Page Formatting


By default, the Lync 2013 dialin page, e.g., looks pretty awful. Text is rendered in default web types, and the table of available numbers is almost unreadable as all the columns are pushed together. I’ve seen other posts on repairing this issue by hacking the inline CSS to include some spacing for tables and horizontal lines, but there’s an easier way.

The problem is that the CSS file is unreachable by the web server. Technically it exists, but you’ll get a 404 if you try to browse to it directly. I could go digging around in IIS to figure out why this is the case, but I’m horribly lazy. The simplest way to repair the problem is as follows:

  • On your Lync Frontend, open notepad as administrator
  • Select File>Open and browse to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2013\Web Components\Dialin Page\Ext
  • Change the file type from txt to all files and open Conference.aspx
  • Locate the following line:
	dialin/client/App_LocalResources/PSTN_info_styles.<% =CurrentLanguage %>.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
  • Delete /App_LocalResources so the line now looks like this:
	dialin/client/PSTN_info_styles.<% =CurrentLanguage %>.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
  • Double check to see if the PSTN_info_styles.*.css files are in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2013\Web Components\Dialin Page\Ext\client – if they’re not there, copy them (or at least the one for your language) from the App_LocalResources folder and paste them in the client folder.
  • Save the file and repeat the process for any other Lync 2013 Front End servers in your pool(s)

Your dialin page should now look like this:


While it’s not a huge improvement, at least the sans-serif fonts will make things a little easier on the eye, and stop your dialin page from looking like it’s from the 90s.



2 thoughts on “Lync 2013 Dialin Page Formatting

  1. You also would have to copy the css files up one level to make that work (that step isn’t listed above). I changed mine to just point at dialin/client/PSTN_info_styles.css and copied the en-US file up one level to that name. This is actually the way the 2010 dialin page appears to work.

    1. Hi KB, I didn’t include that step as I found that on all my frontends the css files were already in the client directory, but I’ve added it in. Thanks for the feedback 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s